Friday, January 5, 2018

The Result



The job in Chicago has decided not to move forward with me as a candidate. In other words, I did not get the job. All I can say is that this must be how it was meant to be. To be truthful, I don't think I was cut out for the job. That is not hindsight being 20/20 either. When I went for the interview something seemed wrong. While I felt confident with most of the interview process, I never felt comfortable with the interview with the CEO. I still hoped I would get the job, but I have to remind myself of that initial feeling that something was just off. Now I just keep looking for something else. This job was just not meant to be.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Dear Joe. Sorry the Chicago job fell through. You're right though, sometimes things we think we want just aren't meant to be, and the rejection can be quite painful. But you'll see, something even better will come along, and you'll know this is the one for you. Good luck in your search. <3

Anonymous said...

Joe, I am so sorry for you. Here's hoping some other opportunity will appear. I feel for you. Roderick

Anonymous said...

Joe, very sorry to hear that the job did not come through for you, but I agree with you. Oftentimes when we come up against a disappointment in life, it turns out, down the line, to have a positive repercussion. Keep the faith, my friend. Keep the faith.

Adam said...

This disappointment is temporary, Joe, and will be supplanted by the good things that are sure to be in your future. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Disappointment can lead to God’s appointment. I believe things happen for a reason, and gut instincts are valid. Best wishes on your search for a new career opportunity!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that this job did not come through. I know you were looking for a change.
I enjoy your blog and I am hoping/praying for a better outcome

David said...

I am sorry for the disappointing news, but I am glad that God is giving you comfort and peace about it. I know He has something better waiting for you. Keep searching. (I lived in Chicago for 3 months while completing financial advisor training. The rude city dwellers and freezing weather was too much for this Alabama boy. You lucked out. Trust me. lol)

Richard said...

My comment is similar to David's above. I knew from day one that you would not be happy in Chicago, but I did not want to burst your bubble. Keep searching and you will find a better fit. Who knows, maybe right where you are is that place.

Richard