Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Sailor Boy



The Sailor Boy

by Alfred Lord Tennyson


He rose at dawn and fired with hope,

    Shot o’er the seething harbor-bar,

And reach’d the ship and caught the rope,

    And whistled to the morning star.


And while he whistled long and loud 

    He heard a fierce mermaiden cry,

‘O boy, tho’ thou are young and proud,

    I see the place where thou wilt lie.


‘The sands and yeasty surges mix

    In cave s about the dreary bay,

And on thy ribs the limpet sticks,

    And in thy heart the scrawl shall play.’


‘Fool,’ he answer’d , ‘death is sure

    To those that stay and those that roam,

But I will nevermore endure  

    To sit with empty hands at home.


‘My mother clings about my neck,

    My sisters crying,  :”Stay for shame;”

My father raves of death and wreck,- 

    They are all to blame, they are all to blame.


‘God help me! save I take my part 

    Of danger on the roaring sea,

A devil rises in my heart,

    Far worse than any death to me.’


1 comment:

JiEL said...

OMG!
You just took a photo of my «cabine boy» coming out in the morning after a HOT night by my side.... LOL!!

I'm a DREAMER.

BTW, what a SHAME in USA repealing the DACA directive. «45» did announced it with Jeff Sessions not brave enough to do it himself. Never USA had such a coward president.
800 000 people contributing to USA's economy and social life as REAL Americans.

SHAME on YOU.
USA isn't a REAL Christian society by acting that way.
HATE is the new law in USA except for those who are REAL Americans like Arpaio.
ALL the White House messages are clear: WE HATE LATINOS and IMMIGRANTS.